Last night whilst watching the Great British Bake Off I really wanted to be eating pastry. So whilst the bakers were putting together their fancy tarts I whipped up a slap dash rainbow of jam tarts using up bits of my homemade jam. These are Gooseberry, Blackberry, Raspberry and Plum jam tarts.
To make 24 jam tarts.
- Heat the oven to 180C.
- With your finger tips rub together 225g plain flour, 150g salted butter and 25g sugar.
- When you have breadcrumbs add a few tablespoons of water to bring together the pastry. Add the water a little at a time.
- Butter two fairy cake tins.
- Roll out the pastry on a floured surface and cut discs, place into the fairy cake pan.
- Add a tablespoon or heaped teaspoon of jam to each pastry disc - not too much or the jam will overflow.
- Heat for 5-10 mins until the pastry is golden brown.