On my quest to use up all the apples I have made apple and raspberry pies. These could just as easily by blackberry and apple pies but I was lucky to swap some apples with a neighbour for some lovely raspberries.
250g plain flour
125g of cold butter from the fridge
20g caster sugar
a little water
A little milk for brushing.
(makes 18 in a fairy cake tin or 12 in a muffin tin)
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Rub the butter and flour together with your fingertips until you have a breadcrumb consistency
- Add sugar
- Use a little bit of water to bring the pastry together stirring with a knife. Only add very small bits of water at a time.
- Knead until the pastry forms one ball of dough
- Cover in clingfilm and leave in the fridge until needed
- Roll out the pastry until 5mm thin
- Cut out pastry to fit the tin circles
- Add the apple filling and a few raspberries (or blackberries)
- Cut a pastry lid for your pies and press down onto the pastry base to seal the lid. I used a star lid to show of the colours of the filling. Would have been great if I had an apple shape cutter for the lid.
- Brush the pastry lid with a little milk to help it go a golden shade when baking
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden.