This is called apple cinnamon butter on the American blog I used and seems to be widely known as such on pinterest. I can't bring myself to call it butter as it doesn't have any butter in it. This is soooo simple and really good for using up apples. it is just apples cinnamon and brown sugar. I used this recipe from the Happy Home Blog.
It smells absolutely amazing and exactly like Autumn.
Emily's recipe is
5 large cooking apples
1/2 cup of brown sugar
- Peel and chop the apples.
- Put them in a pot or microwavable bowl and cover in water. I didn't add too much water just a bit.
- Heat the apples on the stove or in the microwave until soft
- Add the cinnamon and sugar and heat until the mixture becomes dark and thick.
- Stir occasionally
- Bottle in sterilised jars and enjoy!
Pop along and have a look at the other Let's Make Christmas ideas, or submit your own.