- First peel and chop all your apples. If they are windfall apples like mine make sure you avoid any suspicious looking bits and put them in the bin.
- Put your chopped apple in a casserole dish with a lid
- After chopping them all add a squirt of lemon juice this helps the puree to stay fresh and stop the apples browning.
- Add a tablespoon of water and stir in some sugar. I do this by sight and taste. It is really up to you how sweet you want your puree and how much apple you have.
- Put the lid on the casserole dish and put on full power for about 10 minutes.
- When you see the apple puff up in the dish carefully take the dish out and stir the apple. It should be a puree consistency but if you used normal apples instead of cooking apples they will still retained their shape but they will be soft. Both are nice for either pies of crumble.
- Use immediately in crumbles or pies or put in the fridge for 2-3 days. Also great to freeze for when you need it.
Apple Crumble post up next.