I chose to make chicken and mushroom risotto with a healthy hint of Applewood smoked cheese. The flavours went really well together and meant I didn't have to fumble to the back of the fridge to find a sad blob of p
- Knob of butter
- 1 onion – chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- Leftover chicken
- 200g risotto rice
- 1 glass of white wine
- 500ml of chicken of vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon of Applewood spreadable smoked cheese
- 50g frozen peas
- Heat a knob of butter.
- Fry the mushrooms and put to one side.
- Add a chopped onion and a garlic clove.
- Add the rice and fry for a minute.
- Now add the wine and keep stirring.
- When the wine has all been absorbed into the rice add a ladle of stock and keep stirring.
- Once the stock has been absorbed add another ladle and keep stirring.
- Continue until all the stock is used and the rice is cooked. The rice is done when it is soft but still has a slight bite. If you run out of stock add some boiling water.
- When the rice is cooked add the chicken and peas. When the chicken and peas have heated through take off the heat and add the Applewood cheese and the mushrooms.
NB Thank you to Applewood for very kindly sending me a fabulous hamper.