To make the custard:
4 egg yolks
25 g of dark Chocolate
250 mls of milk
100 g of sugar
- Whisk together the egg yolks and the sugar.
- Gently heat the milk in a pan. As soon as the milk starts to bubble and boils take off the heat.
- Gently stir in the chocolate until melted.
- Slowly add the hot milk to the yolk and sugar mixture stirring all the time.
- Now place the custard back into the pan and heat gently until it thickens.
To make the bread and butter pudding:
4 slices of bread
spreadable butter (I used lurpak)
100g of dark chocoate - or whatever you have in the cupboard
- Butter the bread and cut into four triangles.
- Butter an ovenproof dish and arrange the bread in the dish adding the banana and chocolate as you go.
- Pour over the custard and leave to soak into the bread if you have time - about twenty minutes would be ok.
- Bake for twenty minutes in the oven until golden brown.