Makes 18 cookies
225g softened butter
150g caster sugar
250g self raising flour
1 large eggs
100g dark chocolate broken into pieces
50g chopped glace cherries
- Beat together the butter and sugar until soft.
- Now beat in the egg and a little of the flour.
- Now mix in the rest of the flour.
- Fold in the chopped chcocolate and cherries.
- Shape cookies with floured hands and place on a non stick baking liner.
- Bake for 10 - 15 minutes or until golden at 180C.
- Leave to cool and firm up on the baking tray.
You can keep the mixture in the fridge for a week or freeze for 3 months. Defrost in the fridge before using.