This cake is actually really pretty and pink and sparkly but I'm already struggling to take good photos on rainy days let alone the winter which is closing in!
6 oz butter
6 oz self raiding flour
6 oz caster sugar
1 tsp of Ndali Vanilla Extract
Elderberry syrup and extra sugar for topping (you could use strawberry or raspberry syrup instead)
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs and vanilla to the mix and then the flour.
- Add to a silicone cake mould and bake for 40 mins at 180 C
- Whilst baking mix together 100ml of syrup with 100g of sugar.
- When the cake is baked take out of the oven and whilst hot prick with a fork and pour over the sugar syrup.