These are lovely, they are crunchy and crumbly on top and rich and gooey in the middle. I made them for Greg's colleagues as it is his birthday on Saturday. I still don't understand why the birthday person is the one who brings the cakes in!
110g (4oz) butter
110g (4oz) dark chocolate
225g (8oz) sugar
2 beaten eggs
110g (4oz) plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
a pinch of salt
- Heat the oven to 180c
- Grease a shallow tin 18 x 28cm (7x 11 inches)
- Break the chocolate and butter into a bowl and either melt in a bain marie or put in the microwave on a very low heat. As soon as you notice the butter melting and chocolate losing shape take out of the microwave and stir until completely melted. Be very careful not to put on full heat as you will burn the chocolate.
- Add the sugar
- Add the beaten eggs
- Add the flour, salt and baking powder
- Spread the mixture into the tin
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Loosen the edges whilst warm but wait until the brownies have cooled before cutting. Enjoy!
Don't worry if my photos look like they have more stuff than yours, I doubled the recipe when I made them as I now how popular they are!