What you need:
500g lean mince
1 slice of bread
Salt, pepper, cumin and mixed herbs to taste
- Take the slice of bread and rub it between your hands, over a big bowl, to make breadcrumbs.
- Season with salt and pepper and add cumin, mixed herbs and anything else you like. It's great fun to experiment.
- Finely slice an onion and add to the bowl.
- Add the mince and beaten egg and mix together with your hands.
- Make the mixture into burger shapes and either shallow fry or grill. We did ours in our George Foreman grill. I also added a small piece of brie into the middle my burger.
- Add toasted burger bun, tomato, lettuce and cheese.