I used the Mixed Berry Muffin recipe from the Hummingbird Bakery Cake Days Book but only used blueberries.
300g plain flour
155 caster sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
85g unsalted melted butter
100g blueberries fresh or frozen
- Preheat the oven to 190C
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate soda, salt and 115g of the sugar into a large mixing bowl.
- In a jug mix the milk, eggs and vanilla essence
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour in the egg and milk mixture, mixing together slowly until smooth.
- Add in the melted butter and mix until smooth.
- Stir in the berries by hand to make sure they are evenly mix.
- Spoon the batter into muffin cases.
- Sprinkle the tops of the batter with the leftover sugar.
- Bake for 20- 30 minutes until golden.
These are really nice, light and refreshing. I think they would be lovely with a little lemon rind in them too.