Here is my contribution - great for using up those last couple of spoonfuls of jam. These biscuits use some blackberry and apple jam, elderflower and gooseberry jam and some apple and cinnamon spread. I also had a play around with some fun biscuit cutters.
200g self raising flour
100g granulated sugar
1 egg lightly beaten
Couple of drops of fairtrade vanilla essence
- Either using your fingers or a food processor rub the butter, flour and sugar together
- Mix in the beaten egg and vanilla essence.
- Roll out the biscuit mix until half a centimetre thin.
- Using your finger or the end of a spoon indent the middle of the biscuit. In the indent add a little bit of jam.
- Bake at 180C for 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Leave to cool and harden before taking off the baking sheet.
I'm entering this as my entry to this month's No waste food challenge. Do join us this month as we cook our way through leftovers and food about to hit the bin!