- Take an old pair of jeans.
- Cut of the waistband or top part with the fly and the bottom leg hems. Keep any scraps.
- Cut into two legs and make the two legs straight.
- Take one leg and applique a design. Use scraps of patterned fabric to add your design. I chose some birds on a branch but you could do hearts or owls. Apply the applique to one of the sides of the leg using zig zig stitch on your sewing machine.
- Turn the leg inside out and sew down the long edge.
- From the scraps cut out two rectangles for each end.
- With the leg still inside out, pin the end to the leg end, right sides together. Sew together.
- Do the same for the other end but only sew half way round.
- Turn the leg inside out.
- Stuff the excluder with scraps of fabric, old tights, wadding or shredded magazines.
- When stuffed had sew the end edges together making sure you tuck under the raw edges.
I made two of these as presents for friends. They each use a leg of an old pair of jeans and a couple of old shirts and scraps of fabric.
Welcome to my blog and picture sphere about my food, craft and photography adventures.
It is always lovely to hear from you so come and say hello to me on Twitter, leave a comment or contact me on turquoiselemonsblog
All photos are my own or they will link to the original. Please ask before using any of my images.
Get a free Graze box
Fab for healthy snacks at work!
Search Turquoise Lemons
Lavender and Lovage
Fuss Free Flavours
Corner Cottage Bakery
How to Cook Good Food
A little bit of heaven on a plate
Eat Healthy But Tasty
Other ways to follow