To make 36 mini bath bombs:
- 3 silicone ice cube or chocolate moulds
- 150g citric acid
- 300g bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 5g olive oil
- sprinkling of water
- edible or cosmetic grade glitter (optional)
- Line the moulds with a little of the glitter.
- Measure out the citric acid into a bowl.
- Sieve in the bicarbonate of soda and spices and mix thoroughly together.
- Add the oil and don't worry if the mix starts to bubble a bit.
- Now add a small sprinkling of water and mix the powder with your hands until the mixture resembles wet sand and gently sticks together. You may wish to wear gloves as the mixture becomes very cold when it is mixed together. Be very careful not to add too much water - not much is needed.
- When the mixture resembles wet sand carefully pack into the moulds making sure to tidy the edges of the bath bomb.
- Leave overnight to harden. Don't worry if the mixture expands slightly.
- On the next day gently remove from the moulds and package. Just add 2-3 to bath water for a lovely warming and relaxing bath.