In order to make the teabags I took inspiration from A Beautiful Mess and her lovely tutorial on how to make teabags.
You will need:
Sewing machine and thread
Thicker embroidery thread
Dried orange and lemon
- Take a coffee filter
- Sew two sides down the filter
- Pin prick a deign into the filter I went for a star
- Trim the edges
- Add one teaspoon of ground cinnamon, mixed spice, nutmeg (optional) and about 6/7 whole cloves
- Fold down the top into a triangle
- Tie a knot at the bottom of your sting and fold under the top of the triangle. Either sew or staple together
- Tie on a whole cinnamon stick and some dried orange and lemon
- Add three teabags in a cellophane bag
- Label with instructions: Add one mulled wine sachet to a bottle of red wine and simmer. Add sugar to taste.
- Give as a present with a bottle of fruity red.