3 tbsp sugar
500ml of double or whipping cream
175g meringues (I used shop bought and tasted fine)
Seeds from one pomegranate
Grated zest of 1 orange
Few drops of vanilla extract
- Loosely line a loaf tin with clingfilm
- Put the cranberries into a pan and add the sugar. Heat until the sugar has melted but make sure the sugar doesn't burn and that you do not crush the fruit.
- As soon as a little red liquid is visible and the sugar has melted, take off the heat and place the bottom of the pan in cold water to quickly cool the cranberries.
- Pour the cream into a chilled mixing bowl and which until soft and thick but stop before the cream form stiff peaks.
- Crumble the meringues into the mixture.
- Add the orange zest, pomegranate seeds, vanilla extract and cooled cranberries.
- Very gently fold everything into the cream.
- Scrape the mixture into the lined loaf tin. Make sure it is nicely packed into the tin.
- Cover in clingfilm and place in the freezer.
- Take out half an hour before serving.