2 pieces of frying steak, diced
1 packet of ready to roll puff pastry
1 large onion, diced
2 carrots, sliced
1 glass of red wine
1 heaped teaspoon of cornflour
Knob of butter
1 beaten egg
- Heat the oven too 200 C.
- Heat a little olive oil in a pan and fry the steak until brown.
- Add the carrot, swede, onion and glass of wine and cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the butter, any seasoning and cornflour and keep stirring until the sauce thickens and then turn off the heat.
- Roll out your pastry and cut four equal sized squares.
- Place two of the squares onto a non stick baking sheet.
- On one diagonal side of the squares place the meat and vegetables.
- Brush the edges of the square with beaten egg and fold the pastry over the meat into a triangle. The egg will help the pastry to stick. Make sure the edges are sealed by folding up the bottom edge and pinching together with your finger and thumb.
- Brush with egg yolk and cook for 20 minutes until risen and golden.