Sausage, bean and lentil casserole is really simple and can be adjusted to what you have in the house. I have been making it in the following way.
1 packet of good quality sausages
Tin of baked beans
Tin of chopped tomatoes
Other optional additions
Glug of wine
Tin of kidney beans
- Cook the sausages until brown. I use my George Foreman Grill.
- Meanwhile if using an onion chop and sweat this in a pan.
- Chop up the cooked sausages and add to the onion.
- Add the baked beans, chopped tomatoes, lentils and wine if using. Fill one of the empty tins half way with water and add this too.
- Cook until the lentils are soft and then if using add the kidney beans and heat through.
- Serve with potatoes and vegetables.