200 ml of strong tea
100g of mincemeat
2 tablespoons of sugar
400g self raising flour
If you don't have leftover mincemeat just substitute with dried fruit and a teaspoon of mixed spice.
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Weigh out the sugar and flour into a bowl and rub the butter in with your finger tips.
- Add the mincemeat and tea. Start to bring the mixture together into a dough. If you need the milk then add a little bit to help bring the dough together.
- Flour a surface and cut out your scones.
- Brush each scone with milk.
- Bake for 10- 15 minutes until golden brown and they sound hollow when tapped.