225g self raising flour
1 level teaspoon of baking powder
50g of cold and diced butter
1 heaped teaspoon of treacle
1 heaped teaspoon of cinnamon
2 small or one large grated dessert apple
15g sugar or 25g if your apple isn't too sweet
A little milk to bring together - can be milk that is on the turn
Beaten egg or milk for glazing
- Heat the oven to 180C
- Rub the butter, flour and baking powder together with your fingertips until it resembles crumbs.
- Add the grated sugar, apple, treacle and cinnamon and mix together with your fingers.
- Continue to bring together and add a little milk to help it form a dough.
- Cut out your scones and brush with milk or beaten egg.
- Bake for 10 -15 minutes until golden brown.